Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Illicit

Illicit trade has numerous affects on me as an art student. One day, I would like to be able to produce my own intellectual property and sell it for a good price that I feel that is worth the time, effort and materials used that I put into it. However if these counterfeiter create a copy of my creation and sell it at a cheaper price to undermine my worth, I would not be able to generate income to make a living because people would rather buy a fake copy and brag to their friends and their egos on how awesome they were to deceive everyone. Do not get me wrong, some people are tricked into believing that the item they are buying is real. That only means there is a higher need of educating and sense of awareness of the dangers and highly problematic situations that illicit trade creates. Some people are just too impatient and would rather disregard the consequences to satisfy their greed or people are in a situation where they are desperate and would risk life and death to take the risk. For example if a family member needs medicine for their kidneys because they will fail if they did not have the medication to treat it. The desperate man seeks out help to save their loved ones and found con-artist who tells him he can help. The con-artist takes advantage of the situation and asks for extraordinary ransoms in order to obtain the medication. After con-artist can get whatever he could get from the man, he gives him some random pills and ran off. The man gave the pills to his sick family and they immediately die and now the man not only lost his family member but he lost everything he had ever owned.

No comments:

Post a Comment